Menu Bar

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting in Shape: Wedding Dress Workouts

You've got the ring. You've picked the venue. You've purchased the dress. Now you want the workout.

I've heard about it time and time again-- brides purchase a dress and all of a sudden need to go on an extreme diet or start some extreme workout routine. And I'll admit, I thought it was kind of ridiculous. But now I get it. Kind of. 

After purchasing my very own wedding dress, of course I do want to tone up a bit, so I get that now. But this doesn't mean I'm  planning on dropping 10 pounds or starting some ridiculous diet where I only eat tofu. I'm not doing either. I simply want to tone up my arms, etc and get back some of the muscle I had in my cheer-leading days. Fun fact about me-- I'm a HUGE slacker when it comes to working out. And I mean HUGE. I get myself to start a workout plan, do it for about 2 wees and then get too "busy" and decide it's not really necessary since I'm not looking to loss weight. It's part of my charm, I know. But I'm tired of the slacking and I really do want to tone up a bit, not just for my wedding dress, but to also just get into a healthy exercising routine. 

So although I still don't understand the extreme dieting and exercise, I do understand feeling the need to work out better after you've spent what seems to be an arm and a leg on the perfect dress. You want to rock it! 

I stumbled upon The Knot's "Getting in Shape" page this morning. So I wanted to share it with those who, like me, didn't know it existed. I've been using other tools on their website, but just hadn't thought of seeing if they had workout plans-- it actually never crossed my mind that they might! They have a BMI calculator, calorie counter, checklist and plenty of exercises! So if you're looking for some quick workouts or a free and easy tool, definitely check it out. I have not used it yet, since I've just found it today, but it looks like a great tool!



And a side note-- For those of you who do have a realistic goal to lose weight for your big day, do yourself a favor and don't buy the dress yet. I know it may seem like a great motivator to have already purchased the smaller size, but a miscalculated size could lead to a lot of money in alterations. If you still feel like you need the motivation, print out a picture of the dress, but hold off on swiping the card!

Happy Thursday :)

1 comment:

  1. Great info here. This is a brand new Wedding Weight Loss program. http://www.efit-solutions.com/products/wedding-weight-loss

    ReplyDelete