Menu Bar

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Quarter of a Century...

Twenty-five.

Why does that seem like such a substantial age to be turning? Maybe because I can finally rent a car. Maybe because it's the age that I always visualized my life at when I was younger. Or maybe, just maybe, it's because 25 is a quarter of a century.




I can tell you one thing, life is beautifully crazy. My 15-year-old self would certainly be in for a surprise if she knew where I would be at 25. Definitely not living up to her expectations. But you know what, that's ok. I'm still sticking true, for the most part, to every hope that she had for herself. It's just happening a little slower than planed. I mean, give me a break-- It's hard to know what life is actually like after high-school and to see 10 years into the future!

That being said, this year, my 25th year, I'm going to stick to just visualizing the year ahead (because who really wants to think about 35!). I want to travel. A lot. I want to keep in better touch with my friends and I really want to relax and enjoy my first year of marriage. And of course, I want to continue to make things happen with NoLo. Perhaps there is a re-brand in our future.... ;)

So anyways, Happy Birthday to all of my fellow October 10th, 1988 babies, let's make this 25th year a great one-- Here's to another quarter of a century!


No comments:

Post a Comment