Menu Bar

Monday, October 21, 2013

Nostalgia, Mini Road Trips & Aaron Carter

Why hello, Monday. Although I appreciate your bright sunlight and chilly fall weather, you've come way to soon. After a weekend full of nostalgia and mini road trips, I wasn't quite ready to wake up.




First and foremost, this past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the wedding of a close friend. Let me just say this, it is SO nice to be a guest at a wedding. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my couples and every single wedding that I plan, but there is something to be said about getting wrapped up in a ceremony, sipping champagne, being treated to a seated dinner and getting to relax at a wedding every now and then. It was also a blast so see friends from high school and college and to reminisce about missing college life, before "becoming an adult", but that's a whole different blog post in itself!

ALSO! I kid you not, I attended my third Aaron Carter concert. That's right, as a 25-year-old adult. I can not even begin to tell you how excited I was when I read, in passing, that Aaron Carter was doing a comeback tour complete with songs from when I was 14. I'll be honest, as a young teenager, I was pretty convinced I would someday marry him. (No offense Josh!) I attended 2 of his concerts, complete with screaming preteen girls holding posters, and last night did not disappoint. Being there, with all of the other 20-somethings getting a kick out of re-living a part of their childhood, felt like home. You would have never guessed that it had been 11 years since his last big album release with everyone chanting "Aaron, Aaron, Aaron" just like the old days. What a great night-- There is definitely something to be said about nostalgia.

Of course, for your enjoyment, I've included a few of my instagram snapshots of the weekend. Hope you enjoyed yours :)






No comments:

Post a Comment