Menu Bar

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Potomac Floral: Great For the DIY Bride!

If you are a DIY bride in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area, and looking to make your own bouquets and flower arrangements, you should DEFINITELY check out Potomac Floral. They are a floral warehouse in Silver Spring that let's individuals purchase, not just companies. As a bride who is doing all of her own flowers, I took a drive down there a few days ago and was very impressed. The warehouse isn't quite as large as I was expecting, but they have a ton of flowers! They even have a supplies section where you can find all of the floral tape, ribbon and accessories that you need.

The staff is also extremely helpful. I was provided with a list of private florists who could help me if I end up needing it and they made sure I was aware that the flowers I would see now, in December, would not be the same as what would be available in April. The person I spoke too gave me recommendations on when to order and pick up and how long the flowers would stay fresh after I make the bouquets. I was also allowed to wonder around the warehouse and look at all they have to offer. Although I knew some flowers would not be available in April, I still took the time to walk around just so that I could see the quality and condition of the flowers they offer. They were all beautiful! Great quality and phenomenal color choices.

Potomac even makes ordering easy. You can call or order online and all of the prices are listed right on their website. So far, with all of my researching, they have the lowest pricing that I have seen. I have a few more places to check out, but I'm pretty positive I will be using Potomac Floral for the flowers at our wedding!

Here are my favorites-- Look at how gorgeous!



I was so surprised to see actual cotton!




Peonies and garden roses are my absolute favorite!






So many colors of daises!




Tip-- Carnations are extremely affordable and so pretty! If you are trying to save money, definitely work these into your arrangements!


No comments:

Post a Comment