Menu Bar

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Connecting with Wedding Vendors

Connecting with wedding vendors is always something that I have felt strongly about, not only as a bride but as a planner. As a bride, I want my vendors to understand Josh and I. I want our photographer to understand our style so that we love our pictures and for our DJ to know us and our families so that everyone stays entertained. Most of the vendors we selected, we selected because they felt like friends. And because of this, I feel confident that on our wedding day I will not be disappointed, I will not have to watch over and make sure that they are doing exactly what I want and I will feel perfectly comfortable.

More importantly-- As a planner, I want to connect with my brides and grooms. I want to understand their personalities and who they are as a couple. And not only do I want to connect with the bride and groom, but when it comes to the big day, I want to connect with the family as well! I honestly feel that the wedding day is such a nicer experience for the family (especially the parents and grandparents) if they connect with the me as the wedding planner. If we can laugh and joke and goof off (when appropriate of course) the  rehearsal and formal activities are so much more enjoyable! I have had so many parents and guests come up and thank me at the end of a loooooong day of wedding activities for such a great time, and that means the world to me. That is why I continue to love this job.

Last weekend's wedding was the perfect example! (That's the ring bearer hugging my partner in crime, Nora!)


1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing. Wedding Coordinator

    ReplyDelete