Menu Bar

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Original Wedding: Alexandra & Anthony

The award for most personal wedding that I have to done, to date, definitely goes to Alex and Anthony. The couple not only created an amazing wedding day to share with family and friends, but they did so while sharing stories and facts about their relationship throughout the entire day. We started on Georgetown campus in DC, where Alex and Anthony both attended college, and ended at the Washington Club, where the couple met years ago. There were very personal touches from start to finish, my favorite being Anthony's speech that took place in the exact spot that the couple met. They even decided to use family recipes for some of the food items, and selected others based on places from their past (like their first date!). Even the champagne was specifically selected to be what the couple had brought to their table the night they were engaged. The night ended perfectly with a popcorn truck right outside for guests to grab a midnight snack!

My favorite things:
  1. The popcorn truck. Hands down. The absolute best end to a wedding ever.
  2. The personal touches throughout the entire wedding. There is nothing better than a wedding that reflects the couple in every single aspect.
  3. The hot chocolate bar!!
Things I learned:
  1. Being a maverick at the DC metro system does not necessarily make you a maverick at the DC metro bus system. Leave extra early. 
  2. The majority of Georgetown campus is not supposed to be driven on... noted.
  3. If you see a DC taxi driver wave to be let in, you let him in. What will unfold next as he does a 3-point turn in the middle of oncoming traffic is quite possibly the best entertainment you will have all month. Maybe all year. (I SO wish I had those 45 seconds of my life on video for those that did not get to experience it. It was hilarious. Literally everyone stopped to give this man room and that's saying something for DC drivers!)
I just realized that all of my lessons learned involve navigating in DC. I've lived within 20 minutes of DC my entire 24 years of life... let this be a lesson to all that you will NEVER figure out DC roads, navigation or traffic. Ever.












Alex & Anthony-- After taking part in your wedding day I felt like I had been there throughout your entire relationship. It was such a treat to see your day come together and I wish you both the absolute best!

Coordinator: NoLo Weddings & Events
Photographer: Monika Broz
Wedding Cake: Cakes by Carolyn
Band: Laissez Foure
DJ: Bruce Pike Productions
Videographer: The Pros
Ceremony Musicians: Sage String Quartet

No comments:

Post a Comment