Menu Bar

Monday, July 16, 2012

Using My Resources!

Hello all. I know it's been awhile. And I know this isn't the first time I've said that. But I promise, I'm back and ready to blog.

As you might know,  I'm currently in the process of planning mine and my wonderful fiancĂ©'s wedding. And of course, like a lot of brides I have a billion things pinned to my wedding board on Pinterest. One of my favorites? A centerpiece of vases set on top of a slice of tree. (I'm almost positive that "slice" is not the proper term to use here but it was the best I could come up with!) So, imagine my surprise when a dead tree had to be cut down right in our backyard. How perfect!

Now before you ask:

1. No- It's not going to be easy to cut them evenly, but I'm sure Josh will do great!

2. Yes- I do have to find a place to store 30 "slices" of wood until April.

3. Yes- I do have to transport them an hour away to our wedding venue.

But, like any good Girl Scout, I'm using my resources wisely! Imagine how much it would have cost me to purchase these. And as a bonus, something from my childhood house will be a part of our wedding! Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

The lesson here: Anything is possible and you can save money by using your resources!





No comments:

Post a Comment