Menu Bar

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mary Kay, Resources & Brunch

Well. After 2 solid days without Internet I have some catching up to do. So let's get to it.

Mary Kay
I spent my evening (7 hours of it!) at a Mary Kay party on Saturday night. Among making new friends and ensuring my boyfriend that I was still alive and not tied up in a closet somewhere, I learned a great wedding tip! If you don't already have someone lined up to do your wedding day make-up, set up an appointment with a Mary Kay consultant! It's a very affordable solution. Most times they will do your wedding make-up if you host a party or something along those lines. Now I know not everyone likes Mary Kay make-up, so you might not utilize this option. I however, am 1 day in to loving the skin care products and mineral powder that I purchased :)

Use Your Resources Wisely
As a former, and current, Girl Scout; I know this "rule" well. Think about all of the people in your life. I bet somewhere in there you have a hair stylist, a DJ, or a photographer. If these friends are willing to provide their services, you will most likely get them at a low cost or no cost at all. If it's a close friend that you don't want to be working during your day, they will probably known some people in their industry. Think outside of the box. Know a graphic designer? Maybe they will design your wedding invitations as your gift. If you are on a tight budget, it's a good idea to look at your circle of friends/ acquaintances.

Wedding Brunch
Another money saving tip- think outside of the box when it comes to the time of day. If you are willing to be flexible, chances are you will save a lot more money than the bride that's stuck on a Saturday evening (however, that's not a bad thing either!). Consider a brunch. You can still have a gorgeous wedding, without all of the expense. Think mimosas and a light color palette. Another benefit to an early wedding, leaving earlier for the honeymoon! I mean after all, isn't that what we are all looking forward to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment