Menu Bar

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ceremony Planning

The wedding ceremony-- The single most important part of the wedding day and the one thing that I had the hardest time with!

I'm not sure exactly why I had such a hard time with the ceremony. Josh and I had an idea of the wording we wanted and the things we wanted to incorporate but when it came down to it I guess there were just SO many readings and parts to choose from that it seemed overwhelming. Luckily, the person performing our ceremony sent over a typical ceremony which helped to get us started and I found a fabulous book!

There are tons of different types of wedding ceremonies, none right or wrong. What Josh and I wanted was a short and sweet ceremony that talked a lot about the commitment we were making. We definitely wanted a Christian ceremony and it was important to us to have prayers and readings but we really wanted the focus to be on the importance of marriage and our love for one another. That was the easy part. The hard part was deciding exactly which readings and vows and all of the specific wording.

That's were "The Wedding Ceremony Planner" comes in. If you are having a hard time with the specific wording of your wedding ceremony, definitely check it out of your local library! I'm so glad I did. Josh and I spent a couple of days going through it, bookmarking pages, and everything came together so well! We are thrilled with our ceremony and can't wait to share it with all of our family and friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment