Menu Bar

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frohes Neues!

Happy New Year!

Like many people around the world, I like to make a New Year's resolution. I know I know... most people don't keep them, it's a cliche, blah blah blah... Regardless of what everyone says, I'm still doing it. 

The last couple days I've been thinking about the one change I want to make this year. What one thing have I complained about the most? What have I been the unhappiest with? Believe it or not, I actually had a really hard time coming up with something-- Until today. Today it hit me. The thing I've been the most unhappy about is my own happiness. That might seem extremely general, but there have been so many times this past year that I've wished I felt happier. 

I'll be honest, I get bored easily. Looking back on 2012, I've found myself in a rut numerous times. You know, one of those for-no-reason off moods that you can't seem to shake. And those get to me because the one thing I hate more than being in a bad mood is not knowing why I am in a bad mood! After thinking about it, and thinking about it, and thinking about it, I've decided that my main problem was getting stuck in routines. I would often just find myself bored and annoyed with the fact that I'm always doing the same things. So this year, my resolution is to make changes. I plan to go out and try new things, not watch the same TV shows on the exact same nights every week, go on adventures and tackle some things on my bucket list. I'm also done with worrying about the past (and the future, to an extent). It's time to start living in the moment more. Because what better time do I have than the present... and a brand new year!

What's your New Year's resolution?


No comments:

Post a Comment