Menu Bar

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Original Wedding: Kathryn & Radhi

First off, sorry for the delayed blog post on this gorgeous wedding! Kathryn & Radhi's wedding was a short 38 hours before my flight to Vegas-- Needless to say, I couldn't quite fit writing the blog post between laundry and miraculously fitting clothing for 4 days (including 3 pairs of shoes!) into my carry-on luggage on Sunday! I amaze myself sometimes. But without further delay, I give you Kathryn & Radhi's nuptials...

Between moving to Florida, making multiple trips back to DC for other weddings and planning their own wedding long-distance, Kathryn & Radhi couldn't wait for their wedding day and honeymoon to arrive. After only speaking on Skpye and through email, I was absolutely thrilled to meet the couple a few weeks before the wedding took place. In the lobby of the DoubleTree, Kathryn and Radhi excitedly shared all of their wedding plans-- their timeline, to-do lists, the DJ app, pictures of the decorations. Everything was perfectly planned and organized and at that minute I knew I was going to love working with them! Kathryn & Radhi's wedding day couldn't have been better. There were multiple family members/ friends lending a helping hand during set-up and clean-up, the DJ app played the music for the ceremony and reception flawlessly and Kathryn and Radhi left as every couple should, happy, in-love and excited for their new married life (and the surprise honeymoon that Radhi planned) to start!

My favorite things:

  1. The bride and groom's organization. Day-of coordination is so much smoother when the couple is on top of everything leading up to the big day!
  2. The impromptu "aisle runner". When it was discovered that the hotel didn't allow aisle runners they improvised and used tulle chair decorations that created a focus on the aisle. They turned out great!
  3. The wine stopper cake topper.. yup, that's right, in all it's rhyming glory. The fact that the centerpieces and favors were all wine themed made a wine stopper the perfect fit for the top of the cake!
Things I learned:
  1. Wedding DJ apps exist! I've known people to do "iPad" weddings, but hadn't had one use an actual app that times/ fades everything for the ceremony, etc.
  2. With the right decorations and placement, you can actually make that clashy hotel carpet fade into the background. (Ever realize that hotels have the worst carpet? I know it's good for hiding traffic and stains, but it's terrible for wedding decor!)
  3. You should absolutely involve family and friends, other than the bridal party, in your wedding if feasible  Radhi's aunt acted as the MC and friends of the bride's mom helped with decorating and they all felt honored to be a part of the big day!











Kathryn & Radhi-- You planned an amazing wedding. And kudos for doing it from Florida! Congratulations and best wishes!

Venue: DoubleTree
Caterer: DoubleTree
Coordinator: NoLo Weddings & Events
Photographer: John South Photography
Wedding Cake: Sweet Memories
Florist: My Wedding Flowers

1 comment:

  1. Wedding arrangements are quite well planned. My friend organized a bridal shower for me last month at one of the graceful Los Angeles wedding venues. Loved the dress that she gifted me and decorations were out of the world.

    ReplyDelete