Menu Bar

Monday, April 2, 2012

Matt & Barb's Southern Wedding- Biloxi Style

This past weekend I had the honor of attending, and helping out with, a friend's wedding in Biloxi, Mississippi. It was absolutely gorgeous! From the classic venue to the Southern themed food, it couldn't have been more exquisite.

I have to say, I adored the venue. The wedding took place at The Redding House in downtown Biloxi. The Redding House is the only surviving mansion in downtown Biloxi and has a place on the national Registry of Historic Places. Both inside and out, the house looks astonishing with it's bold features, unique style and winding staircases. 

Now, that said - One thing I really love about attending weddings (other than seeing the look on he groom's face and showing my support for the happy couple) is that they open my eyes to new ideas. I will admit, I'm usually not a fan of venues that cannot seat everyone in one room. But, The Redding House really makes it work. The house has an openness to it that still makes you feel like part of the party, but smaller spaces that keep it very romantic. Best of all, the house takes care of most of the decor (you really don't need to add much, as it's already magnificent) and is perfect for the low-key bride. Barb (the beautiful bride) simply choose to add some small vases of flowers here and there and that's all it took! I really can't say enough about how beautiful the wedding was.

So, thank you Matt & Barb (for the invite) and Redding House (for changing my perspective)!


Matt's face as Barb turned the corner to walk down the isle.
(If you have read my profile, you know this is my favorite part!)





One of the rooms upstairs. It looks gorgeous with the simple addition of flowers!

The Redding House


1 comment:

  1. Thank you both so much for everything! You were amazing and really saved the day!

    ReplyDelete