Menu Bar

Saturday, January 28, 2012

First Look Pictures

First Look Pictures: The bride and groom seeing each other/ taking pictures before walking down the isle.

Like most girls, I've spent years thinking about my wedding, how perfect it would be when that day finally came. A big part of my wedding day dreams consisted of the look on my future husband's (a JTT look-alike at the time!) face the first time he caught a glimpse of me standing at the end of the isle. Now, 10 years later, I'm not so sure.

About 3 or 4 months ago I started seriously considering first look pictures, and I think everyone should. Maybe I'll pass up the pictures of him seeing me for the first time at the opposite end of the isle for a more intimate moment. As picturesque as that traditional moment may be, there's something to be said about getting to share it without the crowd, in a space where you can express how happy you are to one another. There's also a billion cute pictures to be taken; the close up looks on each others' faces and holding hands while standing on opposite sides of a door before you have taken a peak. And an added bonus for me is being able to let go of the stress and anxiety of not seeing him until the ceremony. I'm not typically the anxious type, but something about that does it for me.

My advice is to consider the first look pictures. Especially if you are the anxious type. After all, you should look forward to that moment, not be worried about it. (And yes, for all you superstitious ones out there, I think it still counts as not seeing the groom until the wedding!)

No comments:

Post a Comment